Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First attempts at rice cereal

 Yesterday we went to the pediatrician and got the all clear to start Addison on rice cereal. Now keep in mind this is very runny and I am barely mixing it in with her normal formula to help get her used to it. We are just trying to train her to use a spoon mainly and help stretch her feedings. I feel like she is hungry all the time!!
 
So this is attempt number one. We tried the bumbo, she just kept trying to learn or push out if it as you can see.
 
 
 
starting out ok  
 
 
ok still trying this... 
 
 
then NOOOO, she just couldn't handle it anymore.  
She looks like an old man with a beard. We think its a combination of being too hungry for this spoon nonsense and the bumbo, she has never really liked that thing and I don't think it helped.
 
So today I set up her high chair and we gave it a shot around dinner and in between her bottle feedings. This way she wouldn't be overly hungry and it wouldn't give her a stomach ache.  
 
As you can see, much more successful already 
 
she took the spoon right out of my hand. 
seems to be doing well so far 
and then this face, this is her super excited face. Her lips tuck in her mouth and she grunts. Its the cutest thing ever! 
 
Yay!!!!! 
 She did pretty well. She was getting the hang of letting us put the spoon in her mouth and then sucking on it.  
It was hard to get passed this tongue sometimes but she was getting more and more used to it as we kept going. I was almost in tears at one point, I know I'm a big baby, but just because she is growing up. I mean she can sit up on her own in her high chair and I eating with a spoon. Granted not very much but still the its all apart of growing up. Its still hard for me to leave her everyday and go to work, I feel like she is growing up without me sometimes. These past four months have flown by but yet I feel like she has been here forever. Addison is such an amazing little person!! and pretty darn cute, even with food all over her face, she gets that from her dad :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment