Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2 week check-up




Addison left the hospital a little under 7 pounds, she born 7 lbs, 4 oz but babies always loose weight after couple of days. Well today at the doctors office they weighed her again and she is at 7 pounds, 12 ounces! Goodness! I guess I don't need to worry about her eating enough.


She was a champ the second our doctor came in she stops crying or being fussy and just was so sweet. We feel so blessed to be able to have our pediatrician  he came highly recommended and in high demand as well. I called before Addison was born and he wasn't accepting new clients. Well he was doing rounds on the babies in the hospital when Addison was there and came in to speak to Adam and I. After a brief conversation, and I told him that I called and couldn't get it, he agreed to take her. His name is Dr. Wynn and he is a wonderful doctor. He is full of life and energy and so kind. I feel very blessed with the people that have been put in my daughters life and she is only 2 weeks old.

We did notice that she has a small mark on her upper left arm, and I was sure it wasnt a rash. It hasnt gotten any bigger or smaller and hasnt changed color and Dr. Wynn thinks it might be a birthmark. I have a birthmark on my upper thigh, and I guess I gave that to her too. Addison's is red and mine is brown, Dr. Wynn said that most red birthmarks end up fading within a couple years.

Adam and I have both noticed that this week Addison just wants to be held. She cries/whines when we put her down in her swing or bassinet and she isnt ready. Most of the day she just wants me to hold her, regardless if shes awake or not. I am learning how to do a lot of household chores one handed.

Sleeping on my lap. I seriously don't even mind holding her all day wen she is this cute :)




 And I swear we dress our daughter but she likes to poop and spit up on stuff lately and she is at a funny size where her newborn stuff is a little small now but she can't quiet fit into her 0-3 month outfits. So sometimes itsjust diaper time at our house.




No comments:

Post a Comment