Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Meet Addison Lola Walters

Addison Lola Walters was born on March 5th, 2013 at 6:32 pm, which is also her daddy's birthday. She was 7 pounds 4 ounces, 19 3/4 inches long and she was just perfect. Getting her here wasn't hard and labor was just an interesting experience but it went smoothly and my midwife and nurses were amazing.

I want to document the cute things she is doing and this is just the easiest way I can do that with pictures as well. Adam and I have family all over and this is also a great way to share her with them.

These are all pictures from the day she was born. We both cried when she came out and were just amazed at how beautiful she was. I know all parents say that about their kids but man, we were both instantly in love with her. They had to take her right over to clean her up because she had muconium (sp) but then once they cleaned her up they gave her right to Adam and he was gone. His heart now forever belongs to this little girl. Once I was able to sit up, I was able to hold her and goodness, that was just surreal. I just kept thinking, I made this. How did I do this? I used to think the most important thing I accomplished/made in my life was my college degree, she blew that out of the water. We had some skin to skin time and I loved it. What I loved was that everyone left, all the nurses, and my midwife, they all left for about an hour and it was just the 3 of us. Our new little family.





We brought her home on March 7th and that was just surreal, like they just let you have this tiny human to take home. I didn't want to go to sleep at all, I just wanted to stare at her, which made the next couple days a little difficult because I was a zombie. The picture of her in the car seat was crazy. She was so small and I just kept thinking we cant take her home, the world is scary and inside the hospital is safe. I sat in the back with her and just winced every time we hit a bump or took a turn. I didn't want her to break!!
 
 
First day home, March 8th, she got the hiccups. I called Adam in a panic because I didnt know what to do. Its been a couple days and she gets them at least twice a day now :) And we discovered she liked her swing, yes!! I started noticing more and more she is cuddler and loves being held.
 




On March 9th, which was a Saturday, we got up and took her on her first trip out of the house. We needed to go to the doctor and get her jaundice test. The doctor at the hospital said she was low risk but we still needed to get her checked and she slept through the entire thing. I was prepared for tears and screaming because they have to cut her foot and collect blood but nope, not one peep. I have such a good little girl. I seriously love these pictures of her so much. She just cuddled right up to me and took a nap, I'm hoping this becomes a regular napping position for her :)
 
 
The next day we decided to give her a little bath since her belly button already fell off and her skin was starting to get a little dry. She cried through the whole thing but then completely passed out afterward because she was so relaxed. We are going to be doing bed time bathing for sure!
 


 
And here are just some cute pictures of her :) I cant believe she is already one week old. I feel like I've had her forever but at the same time, its been like 10 minutes and I still have no idea what I'm doing! I'm hoping she wont remember if I mess something up.
 


 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. She is so sweet :) I'm really happy for your little family. I also just notice all your names start with the letter A! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this!!! Such a special thing to document all these amazing moments!!! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete