Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Day of Firsts

We had a day full of firsts at our house today. It was Adam's first day back at work, he took a picture of Addison to put on his desk, cute :) So it was just me and Addison. I was a little nervous but I knew Adam was a just a phone call away if I was in real trouble. But honestly it wasnt hard, it was just all consuming. I wrote out a list of all the things I wanted to do today, laundry, dishes, I needed to grade papers, things like that. Addison had a different plan of just wanting to be held all day, which of course I am going to do and snuggle with her cute little face all day.
 
 


So while we were spending our first day home alone, I woke her up, feed her, changed her outfit...then boom. Our first blowout. Dont worry, I didnt take pictures. But I was oddly excited to just get that out of the way, I knew she would blow out sooner or later, and I just didnt want to live in constant fear.

Today was the first day I was also trying to get some grading done for work since my maternity leave. It was a good try but with Addison just wanting cuddles, the pile of graded work didnt get done until Adam came home. At one point while I was holding her, it fell over on me. I just kind of laughed thinking this was my life now and I am so happy with it.



We also attempted a bottle today. She took it like a champ but ate it so fast so I think her little tummy didnt recognize it was full, so she ate much more than normal. She is now sleeping in a deep milk coma.

And last night was the first night we were able to get Addison to sleep in her bassinet. I honestly thought I was going to be chained to the couch sleeping because she was only sleeping in her car seat or swing. I was thinking, I will never sleep in bed again. I was so happy to be able to sleep in my bed at the same time as Adam with her right next to me too. Granted I didn't sleep soundly, every time she made the slightest noise I was up but she did manage to sleep for a quite a while. She is just a great little baby :)

And tonight while she was napping in her swing, I saw this pose, seriously, she is just the cutest funny little person.


 
 This one is from yesterday :)


This is how Adam likes to hang out with her.

 
 Tomorrow is newborn pictures. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment